“What I love about my business is that I work with like-minded individuals and businesses who are very committed to growing the socio-economic conditions of the province of New Brunswick. Every day I get up inspired to do that.” — Tanya Chapman
Tanya is founder of The Chapman Group, a strategic management consulting company specializing in developing human resource strategies and plans, facilitating change and building learning and leadership programs. In this insightful interview, Tanya gives a TON of value to listeners by sharing key learnings from her years of experience working with business owners on strategy, leadership, performance management, culture and much more.
TSD-SJ partner Andrew Logan joins in for a repeat guest-host appearance on PDB.
Listen in to this episode to learn:
- About our featured craft beer: Legere Corner Honey Ale (Cavok Brewing Co., Dieppe, NB)
- What was Dieppe called before it was called Dieppe?
- How good consulting can improve the future of the province
- The #1 mistake most small business owners make in running their business
- Why you have to “start with why” when looking to improve your business
- If you are in the “Founder’s Trap”
- If Tanya can sing like Tracy Chapman
- What cool gift Tanya was presented with for being a guest on the show (hint: see pic below)
- How business owners can improve their leadership skills – and those of others in their organization
- What to do if your company’s culture isn’t quite what you’d like it to be
- Culture or strategy – which is most important for your business?
- What Tanya loves about her business…and what frustrates her most
- Focusing on the Three Ps
- How to close the “stress cycle” every day
- And much more…